Tuesday 28 April 2015

Of CASE-ing, Sketching and Inspiration...

Welcome!

Some days the inspiration flows, on other days I can sit with all the beautiful papers and goodies and that’s where it stays, just there in front of me.
Nothing happens, nothing feels as if it works together.

Then a challenge comes along that shake up things a bit! Yesterday exactly that happened. The challenge at Wicked Wednesday ATC: Case a DT Member.

Before I create my ATC’s, I have a few thoughts on sketches and CASE (Copy and Share Everything) (I found the definitions
here)

Sketches:
I love the idea of sketches, but I don’t like a circle on a sketch. An oval is fine, just not a circle. I have a circle cutter, so it shouldn’t be a problem. I think it is just my brain that finds a circle difficult to work with.
A sketch is a wonderful way to get the creative juices flowing. When I first came across sketches, I thought one has to copy the sketch exactly. It was very limiting in my mind and I don’t copy, but then I realised that a sketch is merely a guide. How wonderful!

CASE:
If my first encounter with a sketch was not good, imagine my thoughts about “CASE”-ing. Why would I want to copy someone else? For me it was a step down from a sketch. Well with time comes insight (sometimes) and to CASE a project is actually a compliment to the creator. As with a sketch, the original is just a guide. The added fun is that one can use all or just one of the elements as inspiration. This is such a great way to get going again when inspiration is lacking. In front of you is a pretty project in lovely colours, with a theme, a layout, some embellishments, lovely textures, name it. Suddenly ideas stat flowing again.

CAS:
This is one of my favourite styles, and easier said than done. CAS = Clean and simple. I just had to add this here so you do not confuse the two.

I’m creating 2 ATC’s which I’ll put in separate posts: Here and Here

Do visit again!

Hugs
Rene

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Do visit again.
Hugs, Rene

PS If your name is Anonymous, so sorry, but you will have to sign in. I do not accept anonymous comments anymore.